Various groups and individuals within the
community have challenged this scheme through legal proceedings.
Attempts are continuing, and further challenges may be
The legal actions so far have been:
- A judicial review brought by the Crystal
Palace Campaign of the outline planning permission. This reached
the House of Lords.
- A judicial review brought by a local
resident with the assistance of legal aid against detailed
planning permission. This reached the Court of Appeal.
- Complaint to the European Commission with
a view to infringement proceedings in the European Court of
Justice (see page
- Objection by Crystal Palace Campaign to
licensing applications (see page
- Complaint by members of the community to
the European Parliament.
- Defence by members of Crystal Palace
Campaign to eviction proceedings.
- Defence by eco-warriors of eviction
proceedings (see "A
whiff of the secret state in a suburb";
at Crystal Palace")
Such is the community's determination,
that it is restricted only by the extent of its own